10.0.0.1 | Comcast Xfinity ® Router/Wifi Network Login
10.0.0.1 is Xfinity router IP which comes under private Class A IP address range, decided by the IETF and IANA. The range starts from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 as per IPv4. 10.0.0.1 is the default gateway address for Xfinity router admin settings.
How to Login into 10.0.0.1?
- Open web browser and visit https://10.0.0.1/
- In the Login Screen, Enter the default username and password for your router.
- Go to the router wireless settings which allow you to configure changes.
- Go to the network tab and configure changes like Dial-Up connection/DSL method, SSID and Security settings.
- Enter the default username and password to change and setup the DNS. (By default the DNS is 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 given by Google)
Default Username and Password of Routers
For routers having 10.0.0.2 as default gateway, follow the link to know your router’s 10.0.0.2 login username and password.
FAQs and Common Issues
Fix to the common issues which Administrators Encounter:
1. 10.0.0.1 refused to connect On my Xfinity Router
For users unable to connect to the 10.0.0.1, it could be because there exists no device which uses 10.0.0.1 as it’s default gateway. Use command prompt CMD on windows and see if any device in your network uses 10.0.0.1, you should be using the ping command while for MAC, you can use the ping command in terminal. To get a positive result, there should be a device active in your local network to get the ping.
2. Comcast Default IP 10.0.0.1 took too long to respond
This can happen due to a loose wire or some issue with your router hardware. Such issues happen due to prolonged usage and frequent power failures. As a fix, reboot your hardware, your system and also look for any loose connections. If nothing works, contact your router’s manufacturer.
3. Trying to login to my admin panel for Xfinity. Shows the wrong SSID and logs me into someone else’s network. Comcast can’t help. What to do?
The issue arises due to Comcast using a single line split into 20 different areas. The best way to solve this is to:
- Disable the wifi on your device.
- Connect your PC/laptop directly with an ethernet cable.
- Type the router’s default IP address (Can be found by using ipconfig command in windows/MAC)
- Now change the IP address. Ex: Your router may be involved in an IP address conflict so better change it. If it was 10.0.0.1 earlier, now change to 10.0.0.2
4. How do I access my Xfinity router settings?
You need the default IP address to access your Xfinity Settings. Depending upon your Comcast Xfinity router model, the default IP address can be https://10.0.0.1 or https://192.168.1.1 or https://192.168.100.1
5. What is the default admin password for Xfinity router?
Default admin password for Xfinity router is password
6. How do I find my password for my Xfinity WiFi?
To find the default password, you can either see the box of a router or else if the password doesn’t match, do a 30-30-30 reset and then use the default password.